Kriya Hatha Yoga Teacher Training
A Hatha Yoga Intensive and Teacher Training
with Durga Ahlund,
M. Govindan Satchidananda
Quebec Ashram: June 29 - July 13, 2016 (Download
14-Day Intensive Residential Training as preparation for a 1-year / 300-hour Teaching Certification & International Yoga Alliance Registration
As a student of Babajiís Kriya Yoga, you are cordially invited to become a Teacher of Babajiís Kriya Hatha Yoga! One of the best ways to deepen your own practice of Kriya Yoga and to serve others is by teaching this wonderful scientific art. This Yoga teacher training has been designed to meet the 300-hour International certification standards, as set up by the Yoga Alliance. A 250-page manual/workbook accompanies the course. On completion of an intensive 14-day residential training, students will begin a yearlong process of teaching and study, completing various assignments, which will not only fulfill training requirements, but which will serve your own wellness and spiritual growth.
This program is largely experiential, with a focus on personal transformation as well as developing professional skill. Students must be currently practicing Kriya Yoga, have taken the 1st and 2nd Babaji's Kriya Yoga Initiation trainings and have a well-established daily practice. Students must have practiced Hatha Yoga for a minimum of two years. This is an intensive training program and all participants should have good physical and emotional health.
The curriculum covers not only a thorough understanding of the anatomical mechanics of 18 asana of Kriya Hatha Yoga and structural alignment, but also the physical and spiritual benefits and the theory behind the asana selection and what occurs energetically as we practice them. Additional asana will be explored and integrated into our training. We will begin an in-depth study of the Sutras of Patanjali and Bhagavad Gita. We will experience the energy of prana and the subtle body and deeply explore the practices of bandhas, pra-nayama and meditation and learn how to teach them safely. There will be 18 hours given to functional anatomy and physiology of the human body in rela-tion to the practice and teaching of Hatha Yoga. The course will cover the qual-ities of teaching effectively: modifying the postures for particular needs and physical limitations, the importance of coaching the breath, working with the lines of energy, working with intensity and relaxation. The training will begin to develop your voice as a teacher by deepening and expanding your own Inner experience of Hatha Yoga.
To receive certification students must complete the following criteria, also demonstrating postures to be best of their ability with precision and presence, and exhibiting the required teaching skills with a yogic attitude:
Criteria 1: 14-day training at the ashram = 140 hrs.
Criteria 2: Teaching hours (1.5) weekly over 10 mos. = 60 hrs.
Criteria 3: Daily practice of the 18 postures over 12 months = 20 hrs.
Criteria 4: Work on the Grace Course 1 year of lessons = 25 hrs., (2 years = 50 hrs.)
Level 1 & 2 Babajiís Kriya Yoga trainings = 30 hrs
Criteria 6: Study of M. Govindan's translation of the Sutras of Patanjali and the Bhagavad Gita with written reflections on prepared questions (submitted) = 15 hrs.
Criteria 7: Study of the manual and final exam (submitted) = 40 hrs.
Completion of Teaching Practicum during the second session.
Total credit hours = 330 hours
M. Govindan Satchidananda
is the Spiritual Teacher of Babajiís Kriya Yoga. He is the Founder and President of Babajiís Kriya Yoga Order of Acharyas, a non-profit organization and has be-en conducing initiations into the 144 Kriyas of Babajiís Kriya Yoga for the past 15 years. He has taught Babajiís Kriya Yoga to more than 8, ooo people around the world. He is the Founder and Publisher of the Kriya Yoga Publications, Inc. and writes extensively on Yoga Philosophy and Sadhana. He teaches with the depth and insight of one who teaches precisely what he has practiced for more than 35 years.
is a professional certified Yoga teacher and has been a practitioner of Yoga for more than 35 years. She has been certified in and taught Hatha Yoga, Kundalini Yoga, Raja Yoga, and Phoenix Rising Yoga Therapy. She has been teaching in the U.S. since 1982, but during the past decade has taught Yoga in Canada, In-dia, Japan, Brazil, Germany, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, and Estonia. Her intensity of study of spiritual Yoga lead her to several Spiritual Masters in the U.S. and in India. But Kriya Babaji remained her guiding Light for almost three decades. She has over the past 20 years practiced the techniques of Kriya Yoga and is an acharya in Babajiís Kriya Yoga Order of Acharyas. She co-authored, performed, and produced with her husband Marshall Govindan, the Yoga vid-eo, Babajiís Kriya Hatha Yoga, Self-realization through Action with Awareness. She wrote Deepening your Practice and co-wrote Insights Along the Path with Marshall Govindan. She developed the monthly correspondence course for Babajiís Kriya Yoga, The Grace Course with two years of monthly lessons. She developed and teaches a 300-hour and 500-hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training course. Durga has been the editor of many of Babajiís Kriya Yoga Publications.
Her latest book is . "The Yoga Toolbox".
Laurier-Pierre Desjardins D.O.,
is a yogi and highly respected as an Osteopath and professor of Osteopathy. Each year he gives Advanced Functional Anatomy Courses for major Yoga Schools throughout Canada and Germany. He has been a practitioner of Babajiís Kriya Yoga for 25 years and has developed and Anatomy course specifically for Babajiís Kriya Yoga. Through his deep knowledge of the body and his intuitive awareness students will learn how to work with their limi-tations to deepen their postures. He will develop your understanding and experience of flexibility, suppleness, laxity and strength. He explains the structure of respiration and how to free the breath and addresses in detail what to do when something goes wrong in the body Ė understanding injury and rehabilitation.
Ganga Auer, Ganga Devi has a university degree in teaching from Hungary. She obtained yoga instructor certificate at the following schools: Babajiís Kriya Yoga Order of Acharyas Teacher Training, Esther Myersí Yoga Teacher Training Programme, Kundalini Yoga as Taught by Yogi Bhajan International Level 1 Instructor Train-ing. Her 25 years of teaching experience enables her students to learn and practice yoga safely with confidence and obtain spiritual growth.
Vyasa Lawson, first became interested in Yoga as a university student in Toronto, where he learned hatha yoga and meditation. As mid-life approached, he was moved to look for a way to continue his growth and self-awareness with all that is en-tailed in modern life as a householder and took up Kriya Yoga. Gradually he made changes that led him to retire from his career in real estate investment to devote his time to his Kriya practice and to supporting the terminally ill while completing a graduate degree in hospice studies. He became an Acharya of Ba-bajiís Kriya Yoga in 2006.
Registration and Introduction 8 p.m.
Segments included in the 14-day Intensive:
- What is Kriya Hatha Yoga? And Who does it Work?
- The Importance of Asana
- In Preparation: Standing, Aligning and Relaxing the Body, Breath and Spine.
- Targeting the Subtle Channels: warming the body with the breath and a variety of dynamic postures series
- Opening and Strengthening the Joints: neck, shoulders, knees and hips and ankles
- Training in additional posture series- Incorporating both dynamic and static poses in your class
- Understanding the benefits of using bandhas and ujjayi pranayama with the 18 postures.
- When and how to use the edge of a pose
- The Foundation of the 18 Postures. In-depth training and practice: Precise teaching instruction/demonstration: how to deepen your experience of the asana with the breath, awareness, bandhas and mudras and how teach this to others.
- Advancing in your Practice- Understanding the psycho-energetic and spiritual benefits of the 18 asana and how to attain them.
- Techniques of teaching asana: structural alignment, directing the lines of energy, and assisting through voice, and touch and adapting the postures.
- How and when to Modify Postures for misalignment and physical limitations
- Daily Practice teaching with partners and in group
- Evening Lectures--------
- Kriya Yoga Philosophy – Explaining Tantra
- Classical Yoga Sutras of Patanjali & Ashtanga Yoga
- The Critical Thread: the Yamas and Niyamas
- The Importance of Swadhyana and a Personal Sadhana
- Ishvara Pranidhana- What is the Guru? The Importance of Devotion
- Samadhi- What is Cognitive Absorption?
- The Need of Sadhana and the role our thoughts and emotions play in our success or lack of progress in Yoga.
- Auto-Suggestion: The Antidote to Negative Thinking and the Use of Mantra to go Beyond
- Attaining Cognitive Absorption
- Understanding and working with prana
- What is Pranayama and how it differs from deep breathing?
- Practicing in-depth and training to teach a variety of pranayama
- Training in Pranayama for healing and to develop awareness
- Group discussion - Experiencing Awareness
- What is meditation? And what are we seeking through it?
- Teaching the Basics of Meditation
- Instruction in Breath Awareness and Meditation
- How to lead a class into emptiness through asana and shavasana
- Yoga Nidra, practice and basics of teaching.
- Understanding Hamsa meditation
- Understanding Who am I? Meditation
- Partner and group practice.
- Teaching Tools
- The Importance and secrets of Connective Tissue
- Functional Anatomy of an Asana
- Understanding flexibility, suppleness, laxity and strength
- Asana consciousness
- The Co-Contraction Concept
- The Structure of Breathing
- A 6 Cycle Stretch- how to free the breath
- Pranic Flow- How to achieve the best health at all levels
- Understanding the need of proper hydration
- Understanding Injury and rehabilitation
- What to do when something goes wrong!
- Physical Effects of the 18 postures
- Twice Daily Sadhana
- Evening Kirtan
Suggested Contribution: In USD $1150/. The additional fee for lodging and meals is US$840/. Total US$1990 plus tax. In CAD $1400/plus CA$1050 lodging plus tax. A deposit of $300 is required to reserve your place.
Ask about a payment plan.
pdf enrollment form)
yourself if your
interest is to share Kriya Hatha Yoga
Moving from being a practitioner of Yoga to being a teacher of Yoga has its requirements. These can be developed, except for the main requirement, which is a desire to share. Sharing is love and from that state, all things will spring and flow. It has been said that anyone who loves and is loved can be a good teacher, for in love there is presence. When one is truly present, not only to others, but also to oneself, he or is in the here and now, as if there is no other time. In this state, there is self-love and a non-judgmental acceptance of oneself and others. In that state one is consistently able to be a good teacher.
Enthusiasm about Yoga is also invaluable. If you do not have enthusiasm for what you teach, who will not care to hear what you have to say?
Most of all, a teacher must practice intensely so that he or she teaches from experience. He or she must practice sincerely and be willing, with consistency to observe oneself, and continue to seek, and to grow, i.e., to be a student forever. These qualities, plus a good sense of humor will develop humility, check oneís ego and enlarge oneís gratitude for all of oneís teachers, some which will be his or her own students. In that way, Yoga will create a vehicle that will continue to purify and nourish and stimulate inner love to flow for both the teacher and his or her students. This flow of Love is the highest goal Yoga.
When you practice Hatha Yoga regularly and deeply with awareness, something wonderful happens inside. Subtle channels opens up, energy penetrates your being, allowing you to breath deeper. You experience true balance and feel more in harmony with nature. Yoga stimulates a force called Love. For Love to flow freely, all your energy must be peaceful and balanced, physical, vital, mental. When your inner state reflects that balance you are able to share it with others. That calm, empty state, full of awareness will be the most important thing you will ever have to offer.
M. G. Satchidananda and Durga Ahlund
Babaji’s Kriya Yoga ® Ashram
196 Mountain Road, P. O. Box 90
Eastman, Quebec, J0E 1P0
U.S. & Canada: 1.888.252.9642
Kriya Yoga Teachers
Babaji's Kriya Yoga